Monday 19 August 2013

My Skin Grumbles!

My Skin Grumbles!


Hey, Bees!

I apologise in advance for the rant that is about to ensue, but this really is something that I tend to grumble about!

My skin is the bane of my life.

Let's start at the beginning of my skin story:

When I was younger, my skin was fine, as you'd expect from a child.

Then I hit puberty, and my gosh i had it easy before. If only I'd known how carefree my life had been up to the age of 12!

Seemingly overnight, my skin appeared to erupt into millions of spots -- and not just the odd one here and there, either... I am talking massive, massive nodular volcanoes. They were sore and red and inflamed and I felt extremely self-concious about them. Oddly enough though, I didn't develop much of an interest in make-up until reasonably later.. but My make-up story will make up an entire different post -- so keep coming back for that one!

What made my skin much worse was the fact that I, stupidly and naively, continued to squeeze and pop them, leaving scarring and blotchy patches on my previously smooth and evenly toned skin.

Due to my feeling self-concious about my skin, I researched possible solutions, and decided to sort my skin out using cleansers etc.
I was in a department store and was looking at the Clinique range when a sales assistant offered my some testers -- a solid bar, a lotion to be applied with cotton pads and a moisturiser to be applied with the hands (this was before my no hand application problem!) and it came with a little bag and a sample of some Clinique perfume (Happy) which I began to wear to school. In fact, this is the exact kit (pictured).


I began to use these, and whilst they cleared up my skin well and I happily got through the samples, I developed my issues about touching my skin when applying such things after reading an article about the bacteria and germs on the hands that transfer onto the face upon contact, and began to feel a little odd about using these. In addition to this, I discovered that I had fairly quite sensitive skin, and the lotion really stung me, although for ages I was unaware that nobody else felt that sensation.

I then began using the cheap Tesco 'My Skin' range, and used this for absolutely YEARS as I was so pleased with the results! I purchased the entire range and only stopped using it recently when I tried out Lush's 'Ultrabland' (read my review if you want, I was NOT impressed!).







After the failure for me of Ultrabland, I was reluctant to return to MySkin because, although it works, it didn't particularly aid my dry skin (my skin, you may know from previous posts, is dry and spotty, which creates an issue due to the fact that most skincare ranges treating spots are designed with oily skin in mine -- in fact, I am currently working on my own skincare range for people with similar skin to mine -- so watch this space on that one!) and also, I felt like it was about time for a change and a more mature skincare regime.

With that, I commenced using the Body Shop's Vitamin E range -- the WHOLE range due to an absolute bargain in pricing which I entirely recommend you go and purchase! And I have been very pleased thus far with the results -- again, there is a review on it in my blog archive :)

And that, bees, is my skin story!
Thanks for reading so intently!

Naomi,
DoesntSheSparkle
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment