Sunday 18 August 2013

Dead Sea Minerals Face Mask Review

Dead Sea Minerals Face Mask Review


Hey, Bees!

I think it's about time that I reviewed this. It had been sitting in my bathroom for a while and had seemingly got forgotten in the rush of new make-up, brushes and skincare -- also, I used it once and wasn't quite sure whether I really knew what I thought -- it was like I had tried a new food, and then had to have a second mouthful in order to know whether I liked it or not.

When this happens with beauty products, I tend to not buy them again. I am very particular, and only like products that wow me completely the first time round.

Dead Sea Minerals products are something I find to be very interesting -- The Dead Sea contains 26 essential minerals, 12 of which are not found in any other sea or ocean in the whole world(!) How awesome is that?! Some of these have relaxation qualities, some are good for your blood circulation, some are supposedly amazing for your skin, and some are even found to have links to lessening the effects of rheumatism and metabolic disorders!

Now

That makes them sound very impressive and, to be honest, rather heightened my expectations.

This face mask is good, and functions well as a face mask, but as I have established already, it didn't wow me -- whether this was down to my hyped confidence in the minerals I'm not too sure, but I found it to not leave me feeling particularly relaxed or refreshed, which is a feeling I hunt for in a face mask!

When I applied the mask, I found its scent to be rather off-putting aswell -- To me, it held an odour of vinegar(!), which didn't exactly blow me away for the right reasons! Scent is another aspect I look for in face masks, making me a sucker for the classic chocolate or a good fruity smelling goo.

Whilst the mask was on my skin, I found the true meaning of the 'Ultra Intensive' description -- I don't have particularly sensitive skin, but it did create a slight stinging sensation -- not to the extent that I had to get it off instantly, but definitely giving a feeling of discomfort for me.

I'm really sorry to have to say that I am underwhelmed by this product :(

Naomi,
DoesntSheSparkle
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment