Saturday 17 August 2013

Concealer: Stick vs Liquid

Concealer: Stick vs Liquid


Hey, Bees!

Ahh, the age-old debate -- stick concealer, or liquid? Armies of women fall on either side of this cosmetics battle!

Let's break them up and look at the benefits of each one:

Stick Concealer

THE BENEFITS

-In my opinion, it's simple and easy to use, and if you perhaps aren't so keen on using your fingers (like me) then you can always dab it on and use a brush.
-I have found that they tend to last longer, as a little goes a long way!
-I believe that the colour is easier to match to your foundation or skin tone.
-I find it to be a nice, light feeling, making it ideal for days when you're not wearing much make-up, and you just want to spare the world from seeing your less attractive parts!

THE NEGATIVES

-I have had several break off on me.
-If you feel that you have a lot to cover it can take a fair few layers -- in my opinion it isn't great for under eye dark circles.



Liquid Concealer

THE BENEFITS

-Liquid concealers tend to fully cover the areas you want hidden very well!
-It's easy to use.
-If applied properly, it can create a very professional looking coverage.




THE NEGATIVES

-It can be fairly time-consuming to apply and then blend liquid concealers.
-I find that it can be a little too heavy for casual, every-day light make-up.
-It can feel a little heavy and 'caked'.



To conclude, although I personally may prefer stick concealers to liquid, I feel that it is perhaps a smart move to have one of each, as both are beneficial for different occasions -- for example, if I were applying make-up in preparation for going to the supermarket, I would be more inclined to use the stick concealer, whilst if I were attending an evening event, thus seeking a thicker, fuller coverage, I would probably be looking at using a liquid concealer.


Of course, all of my points don't apply to every stick and liquid concealer! These are just some general worries and praises that I have thought of -- by all means, if you have any additional points don't hesitate to comment and let me know!

Naomi,
DoesntSheSparkle
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment