Friday 16 August 2013

'90s Revival?!!


'90s Revival?!!


I am unsure if I'm the only person that's noticed this, or just the only one that's bothered by it.

Flicking through a 'Cosmopolitan' magazine and then an 'Elle' after that, I began to notice something that, to be quite honest, made me shudder at the traumatic fashion memories it brought to mind.

90s fashion, from my memory, was terrible. In fact, the 90s was a decade that I can imagine Fashion, were it personified, would pale at the mention of. A definite lull in style, I believe.
So you can only imagine my shock when I saw various big name designers' new adverts... many of which seemingly reviving the shapeless style and double denim of the 90s.



2013 fashion 'trend'...



90s fashion trends...

Okay, so I will admit that the 2013 style of denim is slightly more fitted, but still, double denim was NOT a good look in the 90s, and I was glad to see the back of it! It definitely does not need resurrecting!

I don't know if I'm missing out on some major style knowledge, but I firmly believe that double denim and shapeless 90s style is best left just there.

DoesntSheSparkle
xo



No comments:

Post a Comment