Thursday 15 August 2013

Lush 'Ultrabland' Review


Lush 'Ultrabland' Review


Hey, Bees!
'Ultrabland' was the product recommended to me by the (overly and unnecessarily!) excited shop assistant a month ago.
I was recommended 'Angels on Bare Skin' by a friend, but due to my having dry, dehydrated skin (unlike her more oily complexion) I was tempted into seeking assistance.
After cross-questioning me as to the behaviour of my skin, I revealed a problem which has often plagued me when purchasing skincare products... You see, bees, my skin is dry and dehydrated, but I often get nodular spots and break-outs, which drives me absolutely CRAZY!!!
If you have been to Lush, you will know for sure that it is not uncommon to spend a great deal of time sniffing products and having them smeared across the backs of your hands! So when the assistant resembling that old McFly song (5 colours in her hair) smoothed Ultrabland across my hands telling me the benefits of it's natural ingredients, (restoration of the skin's natural pH level, removal of toxins etc...), which include almonds and rose oil. I was instantly bowled over, and bought myself a regular sized pot of the yellow gloop.

Now,


Here is where I believe I went wrong.


Whilst the instructions for the product clearly direct to remove the product with a wet (muslin) cloth, the shop assistant told me;

"Oh, don't pay attention to that... You should take it off with toner on a cotton pad"
And so she lured me into purchasing a new toner (Tea Tree Water). 
Well played, colourful haired girl, well played...

Once I commenced using this product, I found that it certainly did remove the dryness of my skin, just not it the way that I would like, rather, it made my face greasy and far too shiny for my liking! I quickly learnt that my entire make-up routine would be disrupted by this product: My foundation became patchy and the effect on the texture of my skin meant that it didn't stay on my face as much as it had previously. For this reason, I used Ultrabland at night only, and the advice to remove it with a toner?

No.
Just... No.
What a mess! I would still be attempting to remove even the thinnest of layers 5 cotton pads later, growing more and more exhausted as the time taken stretches on and on...
I dislike the feeling left by Ultrabland after it has been removed, as it fails to go away, leaving me lying awake at the discomfort.

Sorry, Lush,

I didn't like it.

Naomi,

DoesntSheSparkle
xo





No comments:

Post a Comment