Thursday 15 August 2013

Body Shop Vitamin E Skincare Range


Body Shop 'Vitamin E' Skincare Range


Hey, Bees!

After the failure for my skin of Lush's 'Ultrabland' facial cleansing GLOOP(!), I continued with renewed determination to search for a skincare routine which works for my skin, and I am holding my fingers tightly crossed for my newly purchased 'Vitamin E' skincare range from the Body Shop.

I do believe that the sales assistant selling to me must be rejoicing and expecting a bonus as we speak... You see, I went in with a mind to buy a cleanser, toner and moisturising cream, but these products would have come to exactly £23.50, whilst a prepared kit retailing for £25 offered a contents of £44, which included a cream cleanser and a toner (both in 200ml bottles), a moisture cream (for use during the day, a night cream, and a 15ml tube of eye cream with a handy nozzled tip!!! 

Excuse me while I *happy dance*

But, my dear bees, I did not stop there! Oh, no!

I found myself drawn to the male skincare range, remembering a comment my father had made not so long ago about the dry skin he had been suffering recently (he works outside a lot), and found myself buying him a small present -- a tub of hemp hand protector, which, coincidentally, he says has made a remarkable difference already!

Whilst at the till, I was drawn into an offer I tend to avoid in most shops: The lure of the loyalty card.

However, whilst it is usually £5 a year to maintain one of The Body Shop's 'Love your Body' cards, I picked one up for £1.50 the first year, and was unable to resist, and became somewhat excitable, I am extremely ashamed to say(!), when I discovered their 8 hearts scheme, whereby with each purchase above £10, a heart on the card's back gets filled in. Upon the 4th purchase of this manner, you receive a product worth £5 for free, and on the 8th, a £10 product(!). Another offer available with this loyalty card is the ability to pop in store any time in your birthday month and pick up a free £5 product... which for me means August (this month)!

When signing up, I was informed that as a reward for signing up I could pick a hand wash from a selection of hemp or rose for free, and, in true 'World's Best Daughter' style, I resisted the temptation of rose, one of my favourite scents of ALL time!!, in order to pick up the hemp hand wash to match my dad's new hand protector.

N'aww.

Aren't I sweet?

Naomi,
DoesntSheSparkle
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment