Monday 28 September 2015

Easy Updo: Messy Plait Bun



This is my go-to hairstyle for casual wear, date nights and even events (particularly weddings!) and I love it because it's so damn EASY to do! I'm sorry I don't have any photos of the process, but I'll talk you through it step by step:

1) Section off the front part of your hair (or your fringe if you have one) and french plait this along the front of your head, securing with a clear or thin elastic (you'll be hiding this later)

2) Plait the rest of your hair on one side and secure it with another thin or clear elastic, pulling parts of it loose to create bigger sections in your bun

3) Twist your plait into a bun, securing with bobby pins as you go to create a tight side-bun, making sure that both clear elastics are tucked within your bun

4) Pull out sections where you want to create the effect of loose plaiting

Et Voila! Set with hairspray if you need this look to last, and do what I did and take lots of arty photos!







No comments:

Post a Comment