Friday 2 October 2015

Royal Geographical Society Drinks



This first October weekend started off pretty wonderfully with the first event of the academic year from my school's old student association taking place at the Royal Geographical Society in Kensington. I decided to keep my outfit simple, and start to introduce some more Winter colours into my wardrobe, like this forest green skater dress with a cutaway in the chest and a gorgeous black velvet pattern of intricate swirls adding detail. This is a pretty old favourite dress of mine now, so I can't remember exactly where it was from, but the simple black heels with a mesh inlay were from Primark just this week, and I'm absolutely thrilled with them! They added just enough detail to prevent my feet looking boring, but not so much as to detract from the dress, and I got loads of compliments throughout the evening. In order to keep myself warm, I threw on my favourite grey and white checked Topshop coat from the Topshop Petite range, and was grateful of it walking to and from the venue on the cold streets of London!

In order to keep things simple, I tied my hair in a half up-half down style to keep it out of my face and pulled a few front strands loose to soften the lines of my face. Additionally, I kept my make-up simple with a quick and small cat eye liner flick and a brown shade lipstick - a favourite of mine for the Autumnal months.






No comments:

Post a Comment