Friday 28 August 2015

What's in my make-up bag? (Hint: A Lot!)






I've been wanting to write this post for quite some time now, but have changed my mind so often about which items to show you, as there are far too many to show them all! But I've *finally* narrowed it down as much as possible, leaving a list of the products I use the very most, which explains why most of them are beginning to run out!


My favourite foundation at the moment, Maybelline's 'Super Stay 24hr' liquid in 'Light Beige'.
I always have 2 of these on the go, because I find it so hard to tell when they're running low and it avoids an awkward last minute dash to a drugstore!



Also from Maybelline is the 'Matte Maker' pressed powder in the shade 'Classic Ivory'. I love this product because I feel it comes away easily onto a brush, yet avoids the nightmare of spilling a loose powder everywhere (we've all been there, it's a nightmare).



I use a combination of two concealers, once being Benefit's 'Boi-ing' in shade 01, and the other yet another Maybelline product - the super stay 24hr in Shade 2, 'Light/Beige Clair'. 



My favourite blush of all time is the Benefit 'Sugarbomb', which I use to give my cheeks an orange-y glow and on the outsides of my nose to add definition and to sculpt. Works well for both an everyday look and an evening out.



I'm a big, big fan of the Real Techniques brushes, and these are just two I use often, with the smaller detailer brush being used more recently to fill my eyebrows, and the contour brush, true to form, for contouring.



Along with at least half of the girls I've met, I am a big fan of the NARS Laguna bronzer, which I must say has lasted a long time, considering that I use it near daily. If I'm going for a lighter, everyday look, I tend to use this as a substitute for contouring powder, as the colour catches the sun beautifully in a very natural way.



I use Benefit's 'BrowZings' Light Brow shaping kit to fill my brows, and tend to use the powder on the right most often (can you tell?!), leaving a more natural eyebrow look that isn't too harsh. Despite the brushes that come with this handy kit, I like the control that comes with the Real Techniques detailer brush and its longer handle.



I picked up this 'd.j.v. beautenizer Volume Lash' from a site called 'Cult Beauty', and was reluctant at first as it was reasonably pricey, but am overjoyed with the results! As well as Volume, this mascara gives length I didn't even know I was capable of having! I would definitely recommend this product.



Max Factor 'Masterpiece' High Precision Liquid Eyeliner in 'Velvet Black'




My two most commonly used lipsticks this Summer:
'L'Oreal Color Riche' in 116 Charme Dore 


'Max Factor LipFinity in 35  Just Deluxe, a stunning orange-toned red perfect for everyday wear:




No comments:

Post a Comment