Tuesday 25 August 2015

My Go-To Nail Varnishes


I have always been a firm believer that every girl should have an extensive collection of nail varnishes yet, despite this (and despite my own perhaps a little too large array), I have found myself repeatedly breaking out the same three colours throughout the end of the summer period, and thought I'd share with you my 'Go-To' colours and tell you a little more about why I like them so much!



 'Go Wild er ness',  £2.99, 60 Second Super Shine by Rita Ora for Rimmel

I picked this up in Boots quickly when I needed a pastel shade purple for a party I was going to, and so didn't expect much from this product in all honesty, and was beyond ecstatic when it layered on to look sleek and smooth, with the impression of gel nails! On top of this, I usually change my nail varnish as it starts to chip, Rita Ora's beautiful budget product wasn't going anywhere, however, and for once I could change my varnish on my own terms (such a luxury, right?). One thing I will say, however, is that the 60 second drying statement hasn't proved true for me, but who really cares when it's this beautiful?!



'Sweet Pea', approx. £10, Ciate London

I am already a BIG Ciate London fan, and would estimate that around 80% of my nail varnishes are from this stunning company, and so was absolutely over the moon when I saw this gorgeous mint green, cutely named 'Sweet Pea', which is actually my favourite colour! I've never been a big fan of matte effect varnishes, but the chalky finish on this means it dries super quickly, and isn't so heavy an effect that it sets your teeth on edge like other matte products (or is that just me?). I'd suggest using a few coats, though, or I've found the chalky consistency to chip fairly early in the shower or bath. Although this shade can't be found on the Ciate Website any more, the whole 'Doll's House' collection is still available on such sites as www.lookfantastic.com  and if you order now you can actually get 10% off your order by using the code LFNEW when you check out!



'Billy No Mates', £12, Butter London

Those who have read my previous posts (if you have, that's amazing, thank you for coming back so often! It really does mean a lot to me!) will have seen this dazzling dove grey before, during my Summer-Autumn transitions post, and will remember my deep love for it! Well, what can I say? That hasn't changed! Although this shade does have a rather expensive price tag and is definitely not a budget buy, it is an investment, and I've been getting goodness knows how many compliments over the last couple of weeks! This is another that holds firm, and would probably stay immaculate even if you were to undertake a good few hours gardening without gloves! I'm so pleased with this purchase, and will definitely be checking out more from Butter London!


Glossfinity topcoat, £5.99, Boots

An absolute essential for every nail varnish collection is a strong, solid topcoat that protects your nails' colour as well as strengthening them. For this reason, I decided to include the Max Factor Glossfinity in this post, as I've had it for quite a while now and am still overwhelmed with the preservation it lends my poor, constantly painted nails! There are more expensive topcoats out there, of course, but I absolutely believe this simple drugstore product to be the best I've found as of yet, and at just £5.99, it won't break the bank either!


ADDITIONAL TIP: Every month, I like to make a point of truly caring for my nails, using a nail and cuticle oil (such as this handy drugstore purchase) and filing them down to shape. To create that true, spa-effect feel, shove on some relaxing music whilst waiting for your nails to dry, and you might just maintain the fun of applying nail varnish!




No comments:

Post a Comment