Sunday 16 August 2015

Summer into Autumn Transitions!




Now that I've gotten into uni (hoorah!) and am no longer tied up in school work and dance-related things, I can get back into writing this blog, and I really will be keeping up to date from now on (promise!). I thought I'd kick this little return off with a few of my favourite items to transition from the Summer season into the Autumn... particularly relevant if, like me, you live in the UK, where August and even September seem to have seasonal identity issues!



 1) This dress was an absolute steal from TK Maxx at just £9.99, to my joy priced down from the original £45.99, and the skater skirt falls nicely to my knees (although I am only 5 foot 4!) in a way that is just perfect for a sunny but breezy day. I love the fitted waistline as the silhouette works well on my pear-shaped self!




2) This leather Paul Costelloe bag falls between the glorious autumnal colours of brown and burgundy, making it the perfect accessory for a Summer/Autumn day out shopping! It's also far bigger than it looks, and to my surprise fits my A4 refill pad within perfectly, and so has doubled up  by a wonderful accident as my uni bag.

3) Another TK Maxx purchase, these loafers came into my hands (or onto my feet) after an ongoing hunt for the perfect pair, and various oxblood and dark brown pairs just didn't do it for me. What I love about these, however, which I picked up for just £14, is their versatility, and they can be styled with leggings and scarves for an Autumnal layered look, or with a dress like my new skater flower patterned dress (above, number 1) on a slightly warmer day, and can be dressed either up or down to suit the ever-changing weather!
4) In addition to my recent new clothing purchases, I have to admit a few designed for my ever-growing-and-just-a-little-bulging makeup bag, because, come on, I needed the right pieces for August and September...

This Stila 'In The Moment' eyeshadow palette can be purchased for £25 direct from the Stila website, although I'm led to believe that Marks & Spencer now stock Stila make-up too, so if you live in the UK, it's worthing checking them out! The colours range from nudes and shimmery champagnes to deep brown mocha tones, and blend beautifully for the perfect light smokey eye, ideal for a day out shopping, a hot date or a wild night out! 

In addition to this, I also picked up an eyeshadow smudge crayon, also Stila, which are currently £7 down from the usual £14 on the Stila site - an absolute bargain for this rich shimmer called 'Smoke', another must-have for a smokey eye look! Having never used a smudge crayon before, I was apprehensive about this purchase, but have found it to be far easier and simpler than I had anticipated, and would definitely recommend this product!


Additionally, I finally caved in and purchased an oh-so-pricey Butter London nail varnish in a beautiful opaque dove grey called 'Billy No Mates' (promise it's not apt!) which I couldn't resist. I've always been a tough kid to convert to high-end nail varnish, as I really think the same effect can be gained from a £3 drugstore varnish, but I though I had better at least give it a chance before shooting high-end products down! All I'm saying is that it better last four times as long for the seemingly ridiculous price difference...








No comments:

Post a Comment