Friday 11 July 2014

June/July Favourites!


Hey, Bees!

First off, I'd like to apologise for not posting in a while; I have a number of excuses: firstly, blogger is banned from the internet at my boarding school and so, much to my frustration, I was not able to post :( Secondly, even if I had wanted to (and believe me, I did!), I forgot my password and so couldn't get onto the account.

I'm an idiot, I know.

Anyway, blog recovered, DoesntSheSparkle is back up and running! (JOY!) and I'm starting the recovered blog almost exactly a year later than my last post with my 'June/July Favourites'.



1. The Body Shop Tea Tree Flawless BB Cream

I only recently started using this product because I found that 
I was quite often going out for a short period of time, or I didn't have time to apply full make-up, or I even wanted to give my skin a bit of a make-up break, and this product offers coverage without being too heavy. When I use this product (I have the lightest shade) it doesn't leave my skin feeling shiny or wet, and it's just perfect for the warm Summer months (ha, yeah right, Britain.) where you don't want to cake your face in foundation, concealer, powder etc. Although I haven't tried it myself, I reckon that you could even wear this while chilling on a deckchair and taking the odd dip in the pool! Thumbs up from me!


2. Sleek Contouring and Blush Palette

If you've read through my previous blogs (please don't, they're cringy!) you'll recognise this as one of my favourite products from last year, too, and it's safe to say that nothing has changed! Unbelievably, I am still on my original kit, and I am crazily impressed that it's held out for so long, especially considering that I have dropped it a fair few times and the lid doesn't even click into place any more. I think that the rose gold blush is just perfect for the Summer and for people who, like me, have gold undertoned skin rather than silver (so if the latter applies to you, sorry!)



3. Seventeen Lip Crayons


I'm still loving these. My Summer shade is the lighter, orange crayon and my Winter the dark pink (which I have stupidly left in a friend's coat pocket after a night out!) These are simple, they aren't messy and I haven't had one break yet! These have also lasted a long time and have barely shrunk, so again, I am really impressed. I would definitely recommend this product, and I know for certain that I'll be using it throughout the Summer and well into Autumn as well; I tend to have a more lightweight set of essential make-up that I carry around when I travel (which is something I'd definitely suggest by the way), and this is always, always in it.



4. Eyeko London Skinny Liquid Eyeliner in Black

I originally got this as a free gift with a magazine, and so I wasn't expecting miracles, but it came at the   perfect time as my kohl pencil ran out (literally) the day before! I thought I'd give it a go in the   meantime, just before I got the chance to buy a new one. I've never been particularly good at applying eyeliner smoothly, and my past attempts with liquid have NOT turned out well (I promise, if I had photos, I would show you - check my crazy trust.) But this eyeko product surprised me - it wasn't too wet or sticky, it created a smooth line and the pen-style applicator made it so easy that even I can apply it, and, as you know, that really is saying something.


5. I love... Sugared Pomegranate Body Spray


This is a cute little product I picked up in the queue at Primark (you know where they line all the really cheap, really cool little cute gifts) and I can never resist things like this! Having previously used (and loved) the raspberries and blackberries range of shower products, I thought I'd give this a little go as it really is only tiny and was very cheap. Safe to say, though, that I love it, and I can't wait to go back and get more, maybe some other fragrances - but the handy little size means that I can keep it in my handbag, and I'm betting it would even fit in a decent sized clutch for those more formal events, not that you'd particularly need to top it up - the smell lasts for absolutely ages! I applied some in the morning, and my grandma commented on it that evening when I went for dinner.


6. Skullcandy Uprock Headphones

Okay, so I have tiny ears. In-ear headphones (or earphones) don't actually fit in my ears, and seeing as I spend a lot of time travelling, it is both annoying and painful to use these. For this reason, I decided to quickly and cheaply pick up some from Amazon. After I'd already ordered an array of lip balms and a Harry Potter hoodie (oops), I left only about £20 for a pair of headphones, picking these up for about £17. I wasn't expecting great things, but when these arrived I was pleasantly surprised. They came literally one day later in a nicely packaged box - if I'd wanted them to be a gift, I'd have been over the moon with the presentation. They're really good quality, and I'm so happy that I won't have to suffer painful ears any more on long journeys!



So, bees, these were my updated June/July favourites! Thanks for reading, it's great to finally be back! :)

I love you all!

DoesntSheSparle
xx

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post!
    Keep in touch xoxo
    Antonella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you dear! Definitely will do! xo
    Naomi

    ReplyDelete