Saturday 9 August 2014

Birthday Funzies!










So.. I'm officially 18! Finally!

My mother has been planning this day for quite a while now, and after the incredible day I've had, I'm glad she decided to keep it a surprise.

After waking up in her apartment in London, we headed off to Covent Garden to pick up a new pair of pointe shoes. Okay, so this excited me already, as my current pair are getting just a tad too worn, much as I love them, but when I was informed that this new pair would be GAYNOR FLIPPING MINDENS I was beyond ecstatic. If you aren't a ballet bod, Gaynor Mindens, put very simply, use modern technology to allow for a more comfortable and more flattering line. I've wanted a pair for as long as I've done ballet, and so I was a VERY happy girly!

After this, we headed into Tiffany&Co jewellers, where we were greeted and given champagne & cupcakes. Oh my god. My parents had bought me a silver chain and a ballet shoe pendant with a diamond in the ribbons, which is absolutely GORGEOUS, and, as you've probably gathered, perfect for me. Tiffany also gave me a ceramic mug in their signature duck egg blue and white colours, informing me that these were not available to the general public, and definitely were not on sale anywhere. Wow. Cue extreme excitement on my part!!!

As if this wasn't enough, after cocktails and lunch I was taken for a manicure and pedicure at Hula Nails, which is a salon that i absolutely ADORE. If you don't know it, Hula Nails have vintage decor and beautiful tattooed beauticians with red lipstick and nails. They serve the most gorgeous rhubarb iced tea and the whole atmosphere is just incredible. I had dark pink nails with a sparkling gold accent, and it was done to absolute perfection. Very, VERY happy girly.

Not many people will know this about me, but I moved away from the Home Counties a few years ago, and the entire area remains my favourite place, but specifically Henley-On-Thames, and so when my mother informed me on the way to Paddington station that we were headed to Henley for a night I was, as you can imagine, absolutely over the moon! The next couple of days were a smattering of family parties and gatherings, as well as a lot of eating on my part! It was an absolutely fabulous day, and I couldn't have wished for a better 18th birthday.







1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an amazing day! Happy birthday!! :)
    ~Moll

    www.mollymac13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete